Standing Orders of the Executive Committee
The following are the standing orders of procedure for the NCA Executive Committee:
- oversee the day to day running of the Association and make any decisions unless precluded by item 12 of the constitution;
- ensure that all general meetings are convened in accordance with the Constitution, and provide advice on constitutional matters to those meetings;
- oversee the finances of the Association;
- appoint officers where vacancies exist until the next general meeting;
- endeavour to promote chess within Nottinghamshire under the terms of item 2 of the constitution; and
- consider the development strategy for the Association.
The membership of the committee shall be the President, Secretary, Treasurer and four elected members invited by the other EC members.
- the quorum shall be four;
- the Chairman, who shall have a vote and a second casting vote, shall be the President, if present;
- meetings will take place at least every four months; and
- minutes will be taken and published of all meetings.