This page contains minutes of Executive Committee meetings, Objectives of the Executive Committee, and Standing Orders of the Executive Committee.
Minutes – 2011–12
Present: R.Richmond (RR), AN Walker (ANW) , S.Burke (BS) , N.Graham (NG) , M.Hill (MH) , A.Kenyon (AK) , D.Levens (DL)
N/A (all in attendance)
2. Minutes Previous Meeting
3. Matters Arising
- Additional Equipment Keys for County Captains - In hand
- Web Hosting - RR to contact I.Kingston - To Do Action: RR
- 1936 Book - RR to circulate Action: RR
- Individual Blitz at WB - May 22nd. Potential for a Pre-season event Action: RR
4. County Championship
NG had been in contact with Bramcote. Recommended Dates of June 16/17, 2012 approved.
- Saturday or Sunday - Preference for Sunday confirmed, despite lower cost on Saturdays at Nottingham High.
- Team Prize suggested. Action: RR to consider implications
- Pay as you go mobile to be advertised as emergency contact approved. However NG may have a spare Action: NG to advise, then RR
- Bookstall - ChessDirect remains preferred supplier (not in public version)
- Dates for 2012/13 - Congress 20/21 April
Preference for other events - RP Sunday Nov 18th, CC available weekend at Bramcote in Jan/Feb 2013
Action: NG to contact Bramcote, RR to contact Nottingham High
6. Secondary Schools
DL outlined plans for an East Midlands Secondary Schools League. 6 or 7 schools interested, including Nottingham High and Bramcote Hills from Notts.
RR to amend and re-circulate latest draft of proposals Action: RR
8. Date of Rules Revision Meeting
Monday 14th May at Nomads if available. Otherwise Tue 15th May at WB Action - MH to advise on availability of Nomads
9. Date of Next Meeting
Friday 13th April, at 2PT.
Letter from John Crawley. Matter to be handled by ANW, advising JC it should be sent to LMC (Not in public version)
Present: R.Richmond (RR), A.Walker(ANW), S.Burke (SB), N.Graham (NG), M.Hill (MH), D.Levens (DL)
RR apologised for not having done the minutes of the last meeting (25th March) - and mislaying notes.
1 complete match set at WN, with the balance with RR. Keys needed for the County captains Action NG
Ian Kingston would like to have this removed out of his name. RR to contact him Action RR
3. Best Game Prize
A permanant momento to be provided for the winner
4. County Championship / Rapidplay
The only available weekend at the High School was Jan 14th/15th for one of the two events. EC decided on RP Now the High School are charging for room hire free entry for Notts Juniors would be discontinued. The County Championship would now be held after the congress (Apr 21/22). NG to explore availability of dates at Bramcote. Action NG
Draft paper on implementing the ECF membership scheme was discussed.
EC to recommend:
- NCA takes a voluntary approach to the Scheme
- NCA offers an "early payment" scheme, to take advantage of the £1 per player discount for fees sent to ECF before 31st October.
- Existing League and Affiliation Fees to be retained (at lower rates) to pay for NCA
RR to re-draft paper following the discussion, for circulation to club Secretaries and publication on the website following clearance by EC Action RR
SB raised the exclusion in the public liability policy relating to CRB clearance. Would lack of CRB clearance invalidate any general claim, or just those where it was directly relevant, such as alleged child abuse ?
SB to seek clarification, before renewing in 2012/13 Action SB
7. Association Officers
- Ric Dawson confirmed as U120 captain.
- U100 still vacant. DL to sound out a couple of possible individuals at WN Action DL
RR to circulate draft of book around EC for comments, and to clear "writers block" Action RR
9. Aims for Year
RR suggested an individual blitz event at WB Item to be carried forward to next EC meeting
10.Date of next meeting
Friday 20th January 2012. DL to host.